Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Living Desert Zoo, NM




Today I decided to take in the zoo. There was much to see and read. For instance, I discovered that most rattlesnakes come out at night to feed...so much for my "before bed smoke". When the sun goes down it is very dark in my campsite. I wear my hat light when I need to go out for some fresh air and check the ground around my RV steps carefully before venturing to put my foot down. There are also multiple types of tarantulas, which they claim are quite harmless. It is about a mile and 1/4 walk to see the whole z00. I felt sorry for the black bear; wonder if he was hotter than I was.
Tonight is my last night at Brantley Lake Park, which I am thankful for as the flies are driving me crazy.

1 comment:

Cactus Jack said...

Hi Anna;

Just sending a test message to make sure this one goes through while Laura is here.