Saturday, October 4, 2008

Carlsbad Caverns2


Good morning all. This is the view from the caverns visitors centre. It is beautiful. This morning I drove up there again and just stopped at the overlook points. The vegetation here is varied, with many different types of cacti and succulents.
Yesterday I had to drive 20 miles to Carlsbad to pick up groceries. It is off season here, so they have little to choose from. There is road work going on just about everywhere I travel. I feel sorry for those poor people working all day in this hot sun; especially working with tar and the like. I couldn't do it, I know that for sure.
Today I think I will visit some of the gift shops...just to look. I haven't bought any souvenirs. I just finished downsizing before I left Alberta and figure I have my photos for memories.
My girlfriend, Brenda, is considering flying down and staying with me for 10 days! That would be so cool!
I have been looking at maps for a week now trying to decide where to go next. I think a month in Texas would be about right and I would really like to go to Tennessee, but have do some research on the weather there this time of year. The last thing I want is to travel in snow and have my water freeze up.
Hope you are all well and happy!

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
Tennessee in April is beautiful! In fact every state has gorgeous flowers in the springtime including Texas. Wild flowers including bluebonnets line the highways! On our way home to Ontario I feel like we experience 3 or 4 separate springtimes!