Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kerrville, Tx

One of those days. Went to the library to use msn and couldn't get on for some reason, so went to a parking lot and was on for about 5 min. and then lost the connection. Since it is rush hour I decided to come back to camp and try later. This park is very similar to the last one; deer everywhere. I checked out the showers and there are no curtains on the stalls. I don't know about that! I suppose one has to consider that you will probably never meet these people again so...

Even though it is raining here it is still very warm. I will be leaving here on Saturday, which is really dumb, as I have to go around San Antonio, and the traffic could be bad. After being at the last park for a week I rather feel like I've left my friends behind. Yesterday morning the ranger came to my little home and asked if all had gone well during my stay and we discussed the park here in Kerrville. I think park ranger or hostess would be a great job. You get to meet so many people and the environment is so beautiful.

While highway driving I saw all these black things floating in the air. They looked like big pieces of soot. I finally realized that they were monarch butterflies, thousands of them. Migrating, I guess.

Next day....I found a little coffee shop that has wifi. They only sell sweets and beverages, so I could get fat these next three days. It is chilly this am. I put jeans on today; first time in a long time.

I drove around Kerrville this morning and there is not much that is really different. I am probably getting used to the landscape. The photo is the Kerrville Museum.

2 comments:

Cactus Jack said...

Hi Anna
Finally caught up with you on the map.You are close to San Antonio,way to go mi amiga

Brenda said...

Hi Anna,
Glad to see you made it to Texas. I'm sure it is much warmer than here so soak up some sunshine for me too.
Brenda