Friday, October 17, 2008

Kerrville Again


Well, here I am attempting to plan a route around San Antonio. I could take hwy 10 to San Antonio and then ring road 410 around the major part of the city. However, something tells me the ring road is many lanes, lots of traffic, and from the map I know there are many exits. Knowing me, I could get lost. I concentrate so much on the traffic that I don't see a damn thing of anything else when in a big city.

Or, I could take hwy 173 and completely bypass San Antonio and later get onto hwy 37 to Corpus Christie. If I decide on that route, there are no state campgrounds but there is a WalMart in Hondo; pop. 8,000. I checked on the internet. Wish me luck everyone!

Yesterday began cloudy and then in the afternoon the sky turned a deep blue and the sun was hot. I went for a long walk on the trails and it was kind of spooky as there is just a small walking lane enclosed by trees on both sides. Very pretty, but isolating. I also checked out the city and it is fairly easy to find my way around. Some cities I seem to get lost in, no matter how many times I travel the roads, but this one is easy.
It was pretty crisp this morning making it hard to get out out bed, but the sky is blue so it will be a nice day. I am close to 2 second hand stores so will check them out for reading material. Some of the other campers and I exchange books. Saw a gas station this morning advertising gas at $2.84/gal. Wonderful!

2 comments:

Cactus Jack said...

Good luck Mi lady
A.a~C.J

Brenda said...

Just spent 2 days with my new grandson. He is soooooooo cute Anna. And Kailey is growing like a weed. I am sending you positive vibrations for getting to Corpus Christi without a hitch. My son- in -law has been there and says it is beautiful. You are going to love it.
Brenda