Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mustang Island

Hey Everyone,

I MADE IT! Here I am on Mustang Island, Gulf of Mexico! I am parked right on the beach. It is $8/night to park on the beach and $16/night to park with hook-ups. The hook-up sites are almost on top of each other, but on the beach there is mega-space.

The park ranger tried to discourage me from parking on the beach as people have gotten stuck there in the past. She asked me if I had ever driven in snow, because she said it is like that. I don't think she has ever driven in snow, because sand is not like snow. There are other trailers parked on the beach. I said I would give it two days and then if satisfied, will stay for another 12 days. I believe you are only allowed 2 wks. If my Echo is washed out to sea, then I'll wish I had listened to the ranger. Does AMA rescue vehicles washed out to sea? High tide is around 1 a.m. There are sharks here as well.

Tomorrow I will explore the island and take some photos. I am so excited to be here.

I had a bit of a time finding an internet signal, but I am at the Pelican Lounge, in the corner and it works fine.

2 comments:

dorothy said...

Mustang Island...elevation 8 feet. I googled the island to see where you are. Get a bird book, it says you are on a migration route. How exciting. Try not to get too sunburned!! Dorothy

Brenda said...

Love the pictures Anna. And great hat! Send me some of that wonderful sunshine will you please. Can't wait to get down there.