Friday, October 31, 2008

Laredo

Hi Everyone,
We just arrived in Laredo, so haven't had time for photos yet. After we leave the library we will go to to the old downtown district, which is always my favorite in any city. It is very hot here, we are about 150 miles south of our last campsite. We are surrounded by cactus and, yes, the same little ants are around my rig. They are the smallest ants I have ever seen, but when they bite it is like having an ice pick through the skin. Then, the bites get itchy and when you rub them they burn and welt up. It makes sleeping uncomfortable.

Tomorrow we will cross the border into Mexico...there are 3 bridges you can cross over on. We plan to sit in a little cantina and enjoy some cervazas and do some shopping, or at least, some browsing. Neither Brenda nor I like to spend our money on souvenirs, which is good, as we are both poor. I figure I already have everything I need.

Hope this finds you all well and happy.

No comments: