Monday, October 20, 2008

Choke Canyon


Hi Y'all
Met some ladies from Ohio today who are traveling together. They told me they had just seen wild pigs here...I haven't seen any. I did see 14 egrets on the lake. I also some some black birds that have a really strange cry. There are quite a few bird watchers here. One fellow has a tripod and camera and I see him in various places taking photos of the birds.
I think there are fireflys here..not sure, but I see these lights go off and on in the darkness. It wouldn't be fire sparks as there is a fire ban on here due to the excessive dryness.

I seem to have a resident cricket in my MH, but I can't find him/her anywhere. He is really quite annoying. He is over the bathroom 'cause everytime I slam the bathroom door he stops for a few seconds.

Yesterday I was in the laundry room of the BassInn, close to the modem, to get a signal for my computer. The manager said most people get a bettersignal in the laundry room. Even so, it would weaken and strengthen, and so I was with/without a signal. He said I could come back today. He asked me if I would check the schedule for the Redskins, so I wrote down all the info until the end of November. They are just a young couple; his name is Gabriel. I told him I had a daughter named Gabrielle, and he said they just named their third child Gabriella Rose. That's pretty, huh?

The weather has been fantastic. I stay in the shade during the day or wear a big hat...like my hat? One of these days I will get a thermometer and actually know what the temp. is. I know it is over 80F everyday. The nights aren't as cool as they were in N.M., but still cool enough to sleep most nights.

I'm not far from Corpus Christie; should be there in a week or so I would think. I'm not sure what camping will be like there as some of the devastation from the last hurricane has not been totally cleaned up yet. I guess it is wait-and-see.

No comments: