Thursday, October 23, 2008

Storm



Hi

It was a dark and stormy night.....yes, it was. Last night the wind shook my MH and it was rather scary. Nothing fell out of the cupboards so I figured I would survive. Sleep came late.
This morning I went to use the showers and was talking to a woman there. Her and her husband had slept in a tent on the beach. She said there was sand everywhere and they didn't sleep at all. I can't imagine being in a tent on the beach last night. They are renting a condo for tonight. She said after last night they deserve some spoiling.

This morning I thought I should move my MH as there were dunes around it from the wind. I got stuck. Just then the rangers came by and with a chain they pulled me out. As they were doing so a fellow in his truck stopped and said to the rangers, "Look familiar?" They had pulled him out yesterday.

I stopped at the ranger station to get a weather forecast. The wind is supposed to die down but today will be a little cooler than it has been. That doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

My girlfriend from Vancouver is coming on Sunday to spend some time with me. I am so excited! We will follow the coast down to Brownsville.

Until tomorrow.....

No comments: