Saturday, November 1, 2008

Laredo Nuevo, Mexico


Buenas tardes amigos,
Today Brenda and I went to Mexico, just walked across the bridge that crosses the Rio Grande River. I was looking for a small backpack, but they wanted more for them then I would pay in Canada. I finally found a place that had a small leather one for $8, so purchased that one. We ate lunch in a nice restaurant and it was cheap. I had a chicken salad and Brenda had French fries. We both had a bottle of water and the total came to
$4. Gas is now $1.68/gal.
It was very, very hot there and crowded. Basically it was the same as this side of the border. This side is pretty much all Mexican people. We are going to attempt to find a place that plays live music tonight and just relax with a corona or two. We sure seem to do a lot of relaxing. Our days are busy though. What usually takes the longest on the first day is finding a place to use my laptop. I can use it here at the library, but have to use their computers to check my email.
I sure appreciate having Brenda here to navigate around these larger centers. The problem is I am getting fat as she does the cooking and made a cheesecake the other day which is absolutely delicious.

No comments: