Friday, November 14, 2008

Stormy

Good Morning
Brenda and I went to the Turtle Rescue Centre to see the turtles there. Most have missing flippers from shark attacks or whatever. One little turtle was blind in one eye, having been attached by red ants. Some of the turtles were huge...over 2oo lbs. and will double that when fully grown.

I gave you some misinformation the other day. Hurricane Ike didn't reach here; it was Hurricane Dolly that did all the damage. Some businesses were closed for 3 months to repair the damage.

I have been down for two days, having caught what Brenda had. I didn't have it to the same degree as she did, but then after she went to the Dr. I knew what to do or not do.

We had a terrible rain yesterday, it just came down in sheets. I was in bed with my window open and woke up with wet sheets, etc. I have never experienced rain like that, that lasted for so long; at least 12 hours. Today is calm and bright.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hi Anna. I posted this and it went to the Metamoros page. Didn't know if you'd see it there or not so am retrying.
Thank you so much for the wonderful holiday and good times spent together. From the beautiful beach and sand dunes of Mustang Island. the afternoon at the Silver Dollar Cantina, getting lost in Mexico, the butterfly gardens at Falcon Park,the sights of Port Isabella and South Padre and everything in between-it was the best! Keep up the journey my friend. And thanks for taking me to the shuttle bus when you were so sick. Sure do hope you are feeling better now. I am feeling great today and can eat again.
Brenda

November 16, 2008 11:20 AM