Monday, November 17, 2008

Line Dancing

Hi Y'all
Today I took my first line dancing lesson. There were 5 of us this morning. It was the immersion method of teaching, but the teacher, Donna, is excellent and surprisingly I picked up a few steps. The lesson was an hour and a half long and having worn blue jeans I was getting fairly hot by the end. It felt good to be moving again. It was also nice to meet two new ladies.

I believe I am on the mend; last night being the first since Wedn. that I was not sick to my stomach and throwing up.

This photo was taken at the Port Isabel Museum. There was some interesting history in there.

I wanted to share with you a few things I have noticed about American youth that is different than Alberta youth. I haven't heard the F word since leaving Alberta. If an elderly person needs assistance a young person will step up and say, "Can I help you, sir/ma'am?" and help. Also, there was no grafetti in the state park bathrooms and I have seen very little of such anywhere. Those are a few of the things I have noticed so far.

Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Cactus Jack said...

So glad to hear you are feeliing better and you are getting in~LINE~.
Also there still people that can speak with out useing that"F"word.Keep on dancing!!