Thursday, November 20, 2008

Beach


Everything will be O.K. in the end. If it's not O.K., it's not the end.

This photo of me on the beach was taken by Brenda. Yesterday my neighbour, Carol, and I went for a long walk on the beach. We both burned. I guess I will now be a shade or two darker. The water was lovely and warm.

Apparently cooler weather is moving in and it will drop to the low 70's F. by tomorrow.

I have been line dancing all week and tomorrow is the big dance. I will be traveling with another neighbour, Judy, and her husband. It is about a 40min. trip each way. I will probably sit out most of the line dances as I am not ready yet for public hoofing.

Last evening I went to a bar called the Brewing Co. and yes, they brew their own beer there. I went as they advertise a wifi connection, but the connection didn't work. I met two really friendly people from the island and we had a good visit. He wanted to know what Canadians think about them owning Alaska. I've never heard a Canadian mention it, so guess it is not really a concern for us. We discussed a lot of topics and it was an enjoyable evening. There is still a lot of talk about Hurricane Dolly that came through in August of this year. It hurt a lot of businesses due to damage. One of the big hotels closed down permanently.

A bill was passed in two states that allows parents to just drop off their children at Social Services if they don't want the kids anymore. The drop-off point is a hospital. Apparently they have had an abundance of parents dropping off their pre-teens and teens. You would think children would now be afraid if they needed a hospital stay. When I heard of this bill I was truly shocked. Still am.

4 comments:

dorothy said...

Hi Anna, I'm glad you are on the mend. That wind down there will blow you away if you get any skinnier. I took line dancing a couple of winters ago and found it amazingly hard since I thought of myself as a good dancer. It was a lot of fun and good exercise. I had to write tonight because we are getting our first snowfall as you are getting sunburned. ha ha You'll not get much sympathy from me. Have fun and take care, Anna.
Dorothy

Cactus Jack said...

Gosh I sure hope you ae not quite as dark as the picture shows. If you are it is at least 10 shades darker.Keep on danceing and we will know you are haveing fun
C.J.

Brenda said...

This is my favorite picture of the nearly 300 I took while on holiday with you. Thanks for putting it on the blog. We are having a cold and stormy night here in Vancouver. Wish I was there. Hope you have a great time at the dance tonight.

Anna said...

The dance was great. We had a lot of laughs.