Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cooler

Hola,
The weather is a bit cooler. Funny, now that I have been traveling during really hot weather I find I am chilly when it is 70F. The sun is bright in a cloudless sky today, but the wind is from the north and I have a hoodie on. Part of the reason for this, I'm sure, is because I am still ill. The virus I picked up takes a long time to go on its way.

Brenda left on Saturday morning. I drove her to Port Isabel and she caught the airport shuttle to Brownsville. I haven't heard from her yet, so hope she made it home without a hitch. It was hard to see her go, we had a great time together.

South Padre Island is windy most of the time, but I signed up for a month so decided to stay put. I paid the monthly rate and should I decide to leave sooner, I will be charged a weekly rate and it will cost me more, so grin and bear the wind. There is lots to do here and am getting to know some of the RV women and finding out more info daily. The staff here at the park don't really tell you much of anything, so I have to find out details from the regular RVers who have been here more than once. I was invited to go to a dance with the couple next door, on Friday in San Benito, so I will take that in. Cost: $4.

Today I took The Wave into Port Isabel and went to WalMart and bought headphones for my computer, so now I can speak to those on msn. It will be nice to hear a familiar voice again. I also discovered that I can pick up wifi by the office here, so it saves me going to the library. Another tidbit I picked up from an old time RVer. By the time I finish my 10 month stint on the road I should actually know what I am doing, how to save a buck, etc.

2 comments:

Cactus Jack said...

Hope you are getting better quickly.PLEASE DON'T OVER DUE. You have lots of time
C.J.

Brenda said...

Guess you didn't see the comment I left you this morning. Yes, I am home safe and sound.
I'm with Jack. TAKE IT EASY. That bug is nothing to mess with. So glad you are back on the blog. It is suppose to be cooler there all week.Wish I could be there for the dance on friday. You have a great time.
Brenda