Tuesday, November 11, 2008

South Padre Island


Brenda is feeling a lot better day. The lady at the library, Marge, said there is a flu going around the island. She had it a couple of days ago...same symptoms as Brenda had.

Today I went hunting for an RV garage as I would like an oil change. Not easy to find. I finally found a diesel garage and he said he would give me an oil change and check the air in my tires. I would also like to have my propane topped up. There is a mobile propane truck that comes around and that way you don't have to unhook. Sounds good to me.

They have a free paper here called The Bulletin. It lists all the entertainment on the island and elsewhere. There is live music here every night of the week. Also on Tuesdays there are tango lessons, so next week I will give that a try. Marge said next week there are RVer groups starting next to the library and there are a lot of activities to partake in. There are also groups starting here in the RV park tomorrow. They have a free transit bus here that goes up and down the island and also to Port Isabel, so that could be a savings for me. Beginning next week I will walk everywhere on the island. I need the exercise.

Still windy and Marge said it is always windy here except July and August, so guess I just have to live with it.
Today we are going to the turtle refuge and see what that is all about. There is also a marine research centre open to the public, so if Brenda is up to it, we will take that in as well.

No comments: