Monday, November 3, 2008

Falcon State Park, Tx


Brenda and I returned from WalMart to find those small biting ants all over the kitchen. They were in the sink, on the floor, in the stove and in the cupboards. We were horrified to say the least. Fortunately, I have a small vacuum and I vacuumed up most of them. Brenda wiped them up with a damp rag. I then put a juice can and some banana outside and they seem to be leaving us alone for now. I also put some tea tree oil around the door and they don't seem to like it.
We are now in Falcon State Park. They have a butterfly garden here that is beautiful, with hundreds of butterflies on the various plants. Here is Brenda coming out of a little camouflage hut where, if you are very quiet, you can watch the birds.
This is the first state park with a restaurant so today while doing laundry we treated ourselves to breakfast. Last evening Brenda heard a live guitar, so checked it out. We spent a couple of hours playing guitar with this gentleman and his wife. It was great. They gave me some good ideas on where to winter. It is still very hot. I expect it will stay this way.

2 comments:

dorothy said...

Hi Anna & Brenda,
My friend thinks your ants are fire ants. That's one thing about Canada with our cold climate, it keeps the bugs in check (except for pine beetles, stink bugs, etc) ha ha It was chilly and dull in the Okanagan today and it might possibly snow this week so laugh it up and enjoy the heat!! I thought you were going to drive into Mexico and perhaps stay the winter. Brenda, when Anna gets sick of you I could use a cook. Have fun you two. Dorothy

Anna said...

Hi Dorothy,
Yes, I think these must be fire ants because you feel like you are on fire when they bite.
I'll pass on the message to Brenda about you needing a good cook.
I was bitten the other night by a mesquito I think and my skin swelled in about a 3 in. square and I didn't feel well the next day, but am all better now.