Monday, September 8, 2008

Still in Helena

I decided to stay in Helena for one more day and night. I spoke with customer service at WalMart and they said many people stay 2 or 3 days in their lot and not to worry about it.
This morning I went for a tour of the Capitol Bldg. It is quite beautiful.
This afternoon I went shopping for a Spot - a device that will track me at all times. If I click on the 911 button the police will have my exact coordinates. It was pretty expensive, but if I ever need it (heaven forbid) I will be glad that I have it. The young man at the camping goods store also sold me pepper spray - just a small one for emergencies.
Helena is only 60,000 people but I managed to get lost serveral times anyway. People have been very good about giving me directions.
The same young man as above told me to park outside of Staples and I would get a good signal and sure enough I did.
Tomorrow I plan to head off to Wyoming.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

gotta admire your courage, attention to detail, and ingenious ways of staying safe!