Monday, September 22, 2008

Library

Here I am at the library once again. Two more days here and then time to move on. I was checking out the maps this morning, but haven't made a decision yet on where I will go. There is another national park about 50 miles from here. I may just spring for a yearly pass. It costs $225, but then you have unlimited stays in the parks.

Yesterday, being Sunday, there were a lot of families having their picnic and enjoying their latino music. The speed boats were also out on the lake.

I have read all my books, so back to Salvation Army today to pick up more reading material. I also have to find a laundry mat. Today is a little cooler than yesterday. Yesterday was breezy, but it was a hot breeze and I burnt my knee caps pretty good.

I was visiting with the park ranger yesterday. He said they get their first snowfall around Halloween and spring doesn't come until about April. Just like home! I guess I want to be far away from here when the snow flies.

I hope this finds you all well and happy.....

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Ya, but his version of cold is probaly different than ours.

Anna said...

Hi Des,
He said the coldest it usually gets is -10F, but he said it seems to be taking longer for spring to come.

Canela said...

That actually sounds more like our winters here in Vancouver...

Unknown said...

I am thankful for the nice weather we've been having this winter in Calgary! Exspecially because I walk to work and back. Good news about walking, it keeps you healthy and in better shape! With the hill and stairs, my leg mussles have gotten so big that some of my zip up boots do not fit anymore...