Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cody, Wyoming

I made it to Wyoming today and rolled into Cody at about 6 pm. It was then 78F. There seems to be a lot to see here~a lot of Buffalo Bill and Firearms Museums. The good folks at WalMart said I could stay as long as I like as long as I park on the far side of the lot; so I did. I think I will stay a couple of days at least.
I passed a small store in Montana on my way and the sign said it sold guns and alcohol~a strange combination. I also passed through a 20 or so mile stretch full of insects. In no time my windshield was filthy, so I turned on my wipers and really made a mess. I had to stop and clean the windshield. A leprechaun left a squeegee in my motor home and it was a real saver for me. There were 25 miles of deer warnings and I did see a little fawn cross in front of me while I was slowly turning into a town called Red Lodge.
This photo was taken from a high, high hill in Montana, just about in Wyoming. Montana was sure a pretty state. So far Wyoming looks flatter and drier, but very pretty. I'll know more as I travel.
I am so thankful for my solar panels. They keep my computer charged. Today I am getting a signal from the Ponderosa Restaurant and it seems to be quite decent. Thank you to all who have added comments to my blog. It is wonderful to know that friends and family are out there monitoring my whereabouts.
I have only been gone a short time and I am talking to myself already. Too much time on the road. It will be good to stay here awhile and zip around town seeing the sights and meeting people. I did meet a couple of really nice RVers at WalMart. One couple are full time RVers and had just returned from Alaska. They said they are still cold!
Well, it is 8:30 pm and I still need to do my weights before turning in. Good night to all and check in tomorrow!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Anna, you are making it more and more tempting to forget about Panama for this year! I'm off to buy a 649 today (*fingers crossed!*)

Desiree said...

Ya, stay a while, and chill. I think that you are still in that go-go mentality, It probably still hasn't sunk in that you have LOTS of time. I wish it was where it was warmer, I am hoping to get on my bike today, but it is only supposed to get to 17 today.