Wednesday, September 17, 2008

San Luis


Today I stopped at San Luis which is famous for having the oldest church in Colorado and for the stations of the Cross. The church is way up high on a hill and as you walk up you see the different stations. Past the church are busts of martyrs, probably about 30 or so. I stopped at the Visitors Info to have a visit, of course.
I am now in New Mexico, in Taos. Even the WalMart is adobe. There appears to be lots to see here so plan to stay a couple of days at least, unless WalMart sends me on my way. I checked with them and they said I could park here, but I forgot to ask them how long I could park. The traffic in Laos is crazy. The streets are very narrow and there is road work going on. I had to ask a gentleman to move his truck so I could get through the WalMart parking lot. I had no room to turn. He was very gracious.
I would like to find a place to park in N.M. and stay a month or so. One can weary of driving.
Keep in touch.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

look at that it only took you two weeks to get down there.

Anna said...

Yes,but I think I will stay here a week if I can find a reasonably priced campground. 30% of the pop. here are artists, and there are old pueblo sites I want to see. Look it up on the net...