Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Buffalo Bill




Today I went to the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum. If you were a gun enthusiast like my son-in-law, Stephen, you would have loved that section. There were over 3,000 guns on display.

I really enjoyed the Amer. Native (Lakota) bead work. There was lots to see and it was a good day for it since it has been pouring rain since afternoon.

They also have these big grizzley bears on main street, all painted with different designs. It is a very cowboy town. The loonie store is called the Silver Dollar Store. There were beautiful crafts in the stores, but expensive. Thought I would wait until I get to N.M. before buying anything. Probably cheaper there.
If it is still raining tomorrow I will probably take off for warmer climes. I guess I am getting old as the rain makes my bones ache.
Cody is 8,800 pop., so I covered most of what I want to see here.

2 comments:

Cactus Jack said...

Say hello to Wild Bill for me!

Canela said...

Cool bear statue!