Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cheyenne, Day 2

Today was a busy day. I went downtown to see the giant cowboy boots and some historic buildings. I also went to the used book store and did my laundry at the laundry mat. I put
$20 in the change machine and it gave me 80 quarters. I felt like I had hit the jackpot. I thought it would give me dollar bills. Now I have change next time laundry needs to be done.
I went to the info centre and got a city map. People mean well when giving directions, but usually steer me wrong. I asked a woman yesterday how to get to a place and she said you take a right, then a right, then a left and another right. I had forgotten what she said before I walked away. Now I carry a pad and pen when I approach someone. But, all in all, a map is easier.
It is very windy here. I will take off for Colorado tomorrow I think, before WalMart shoos me away.
I spoke to a fellow camper and he said the freeway is not so bad...you just have to move real fast. He didn't think it was any worse than HWY 2 in AB. He was from Florida, but works in the oil and gas business in Alaska. I asked him if the hurricanes are terrifying and he said he rather enjoyed them and insurance covers any damage. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Personally, I would be terrified.
Looks like there was a vehicle accident just across the street. I heard the sirens, but really didn't pay any attention. Now I see a police car and a tow truck.
All for now.....have to do things fast before I lose the signal.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

And people laugh at me because I carry a map of Calgary, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake....

All in all I find people directions very hard to follow.