Friday, September 19, 2008

Las Vegas, N.M.


I am now in Las Vegas, N.M. I didn't stay long in Taos (although I would have liked to) as everything was so expensive there. WalMart was not camper friendly and the campgrounds started at $42/night with no hook-ups. I am now parked at Storrie Lake State Park and it is $10/night with water hook-up. I signed up for a week.

There are many old buildings here ~ 900 are historical monuments. They have Montezuma's Castle, which is now a college. I was not able to go to the top as school is in. They have a building there called the House of Light. The windows are cut as prisms and there is light everywhere...very peaceful.

There are two Indian Reservations on either side of Las Vegas. Walking downtown you see those who are spiritually and physically lost souls.

I have met many RVers who are full timers. Their rigs are a lot bigger than mine, although I find mine sufficient. There is no internet signal at the lake, so I am presently at the library. It is nice and hot here. Last evening there was a thunder storm, but it cooled everything off and made for a nice sleep. The nights are cool in New Mexico. It is a beautiful state...very mountainous and heavily forested. It is hell driving through the passes and I find that if I clench the steering wheel until my knuckles are white and hold my breath I am able to make it to the top. It sure feels good to stop and park.
Until next time....






No comments: