Thursday, December 11, 2008

Edinburg, Tx

Good morning y'all,
Yesterday 4 of us went to the South Texas Museum in Edinburg, Texas. It was a neat museum in that they had period costumes you could don. It was hilarious.

Last night was very chilly, in fact, there was frost warnings out. Today is to be back into the 70's and warmer from there. I used 3 comforters last night.

I went to a dance in Pharr, Tx. It was good except that most of what they played was quite slow and I don't really care for the slow ones.

The towns here all run into each other. Pharr is the 3rd town east of Donna, but only takes about 15 min. to get there. I always take my trusty map with me in case I get disoriented. This one fellow is concerned that I will get really lost and offered for me to follow him and his partner back, but I figured if I could find my way from Alberta to here, then I could find my way 15 min. away. Donna is a good town to be in as it is rather central in the valley, making it easy to partake in activities in other towns. I have a Rio Grande Valley map that shows the location of the RV parks in the valley. That is a huge help.

Today the women in my park are off to Nuevo Progreso, a Mexican town, so we are off at 11 a.m.
I was told it is a good place to get a haircut and I need one. Looks like I have a mop on top of my head.

4 comments:

Cactus Jack said...

I hoped y'll checked that thar was no burrs under that thar saddle

Anna said...

No burrs Jack.

dorothy said...

Hi Anna,You look good on your wooden horse!! Let us know how your haircut turns out.We are supposed to get a blast of winter starting tomorrow, snow and -20 by Sunday so please think of us poor people up here in the Great White North!!! Have fun.
Dorothy

Anna said...

Hi Dorothy,
We didn't go to Mexico yesterday as the day before had been cool and some of the people are elderly. However, it turned out to be a hot day, so still looks like I have a mop on my head.
Thinking of you all in the cold.