Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Fridge Saga Continues

It never rains, it pours!  This morning upon awakening I noticed that once again our fridge was warm.  Brenda quickly packed up our food and took it over to George's so we wouldn't have to throw our food out again.  I told Brenda that enough was enough and it was time I bought a new fridge.

Earlier this week I was speaking with an RV repair man and he said an RV fridge would cost me $1300 plus installation.  I decided I would buy a compact fridge and make it fit.  I spent an hour on line checking prices and then away Brenda and I went fridge shopping.  I found the fridge I wanted at Home Depot for $188.  It has a small freezer compartment and a decent sized small fridge.  I had the young fellow at Home Depot load it into the front seat of my little Echo.  Poor Brenda, with her LONG legs had to sit in the back seat behind me, but we made it the short distance home.

One of the men from our park, Don, helped me unload the fridge.  Brenda went to get George to see if he could help.  He and Don went right to work.  They almost had the old fridge out when Swan appeared.  He pitched right in.  Along came Wes and another Don and they watched and offered advise.  

In another few minutes, Lewis and his wife, Marilyn, stopped by in their car and asked how come we didn't let them know what was going on!  Marilyn said Lewis was pretty handy with tools and to let them know if we needed help.

The men hard at work

There was much banging, tearing, cutting, snipping, capping and sawing going on. There was also a lot of laughing going on!  In next to no time the new fridge was in.  But alas, the fridge door wouldn't open.  I had moved the upper hinge to the left side of the fridge, but had forgotten about the bottom hinge.  

Along came James and between him and George they moved the bottom hinge.  They up righted the fridge and screwed it down so it wouldn't move.  

The men are going to build a shelf over the fridge and then we can put a microwave in.  

What can I say?  We would be so lost without the good people in our park.  Our park may not be fancy and have a lot of frills, but we wouldn't trade our neighbours for all the frills in America.  They are second to none and take good care of "The Girls" and the other people in the park.  

My hot water tank sprung a leak this week as well.  Swan is checking the internet and says he will find the parts and once again he and the other men will make it all work for us.  To say we are thankful would be an understatement. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!  THANK YOU.









No comments: