Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More Folding

Today I taught my second origami class.  People are really interested in learning to fold dollar bills.  This week's project was more difficult than the heart or the shirt, although some people are struggling with the shirt.  Today we made both an elephant and a ring.


Elephant
Ring

 We began once again with paper from a magazine, which I had cut approx. twice the size of a dollar bill.  It is always good to get some practice in before folding money because if you get too many folds you get lost, and you can throw a magazine paper away and begin anew.  Also, it is easier to fold a big piece of paper than a small one.  Anyone who has sewed Barbie Doll clothes knows it is easier to sew for oneself than it is for Barbie.

My Class

Frankly, I was surprised by the turn out.  I was expecting perhaps one or two people, but as you can see 8 people showed up.  They were fast learners.   

Next Wednesday the origamists want me to go over all the projects, so we will fold the heart, the shirt, the elephant and the ring.  Review is good.  I also encourage anyone to come by my RV at any time if they need help.  The folds today were a bit more complicated than the first projects we did, especially the elephant.  

I love to teach.  Thanks for showing up class!


No comments: