Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year


 
Another year has come and gone.....unbelievable how quickly time flies.  It is difficult to believe that two months have passed since Brenda and I left Canada.  It seems like it was a week or two ago.

We spent New Year's Eve at the Dolphin Park with our RVing friends and neighbours.  We began the evening with food (of course).  One of the couples has a permanent park model unit and invited everyone to their house to watch the fireworks.  The Texans around this here part of the world like their fireworks. 
Fireworks at the Dolphin
 
As it neared midnight the number of fireworks increased.  This is the view from our park.  Fireworks were set off all over the Rio Grande Valley.  It would appear that anyone can purchase fireworks.  It was difficult to get a good photo without a tripod. 

Galeria, Nuevo Progreso
 
On New Year's Day we went to Nuevo Progreso.  Brenda and I had planned that the night before....we would leave at 1 pm.  A friend stopped by next day and said they were going to Mexico earlier if we wanted to drive with them, so I told Brenda I would rather leave earlier than later.  Once in Mexico I was surprised to see Penny and Swan behind us.  Then I saw another couple from the Dolphin.  As it worked out, Brenda had planned a surprise birthday party for me in Mexico at the Galeria.  Half the park came out and it was a fun time of dancing and laughing.  It sure meant a lot to me that so many of our neighbours helped celebrate my birthday. 

Today is chilly.....only a high of 11C.  We have our winter coats on today.  Also Brenda and I brought our computers to the rec hall so we don't have to heat the motorhome.  We are not cheap, we are frugal!  That is what Brenda says, anyway.

I want to wish all my friends and family a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.   May you be happy, healthy and prosperous in 2013.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Yea for Brenda!! Glad you had a great birthday party!

Anna said...

It was wonderful. I really wasn't expecting it at all! Missed my family though. Happy New Year to you and Stephen.