Sunday, January 6, 2013

Museum of Southern Texas

On Thursday we went to the museum in Edinburg, Texas. It was very interesting. The history of the Rio Grande Valley and the related border Mexican towns was covered. I really felt sorry for Mexico. It seems like some country was always after their land. If it wasn't the Spanish it was the Americans. 



Here I am in the photo wearing a replica of a Spanish helmet and breastplate.  The helmet was extremely heavy. I cannot imagine wearing it for any length of time. As you can see I have my winter jacket on.  It was a wet and chilly day.  The displays were well done and there was a lot to read. 

The Rio Grande Valley was named the Magic Valley because almost all fruits and vegetables will grow here if irrigated. Crops are grown the year round.


When I arrived back in Donna I attempted to add this to my blog, but the blog would not download photos.  I went to help and saw that others were having the same problem so I am waiting for it to be rectified.  In the meantime I wrote part of this in Windows Live Writer.  I have never used that program before, so needless to say, it has been a challenge.  I do however want to get something posted. 

In reading some others' blogs I see that some of you have made New Year resolutions or set goals.  I too have to set some goals.

1.  I need to swear off sugar.  Alas, that means no more chocolate, or perhaps only dark chocolate that is sugarless.  Yum, Yum.

2.  I need to go back to eating many small meals a day instead of a couple of large meals.  My roommate and I have different eating habits, but the small meal habit works best for me.  When I ignore that, like now, I become hypoglycemic and get fat. 

3. I have to increase my aerobic exercise.  I have been doing just too much sitting and visiting. Next week we are supposed to have an exercise/line dancing class on Mondays here in the park.  I will definitely partake.  Also, one could dance 10 times a week by visiting other RV parks and I will need to participate in some of those.  It wouldn't hurt to ride my bike more often either.  This past week was not conducive to outdoor activities as it was cold and wet.  For three days we wore jeans and winter jackets.  The temperature is slowly rising this week. 

It seems like we are always busy and the time passes quickly.  We have something scheduled for every day this week. 

I hope you are all well and happy.  Until next time....

No comments: