Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Plumber Day

Today I tried to fix my leaking kitchen tap.  It is leaking round the base of the tap.  I replaced the washers on both sides.  I had one O-ring and replaced that.  I went to an RV place to get another O-ring and he wanted to sell me a new tap.  When I said "no" he said then I could buy the part that holds the O-ring.  I said I just wanted an O-ring and he said they did not sell those.  So, off I went to the hardware store and bought what I needed.  Yes, it is still leaking.  According to Utube it could be that the seal around the base of the tap is broken and I just need a sealer.  Tomorrow I will try that.  This is the first time I have attempted to repair a tap, but hey, I have nothing but time and will try the simplest solutions first.


Basket Man



Every time I go to Nuevo Progeso I see this man.  He carries these baskets around all day long, hoping to make a sale or two and perhaps he does.  The baskets are beautiful.  If I had room and money I would definitely buy one or two.  They would be so handy for storage.  I imagine that his wife is at home weaving the baskets while he tries to sell them.  I could be wrong.  I did see two women making macrame bags and they were working so quickly you could hardly see their hands move.  I have also seen men weaving baskets and doing other craftwork. 
On customer appreciation day in Nuevo Progreso I saw this man.  He was working for a dentist and wore this costume all day long.  It was a very, very hot day and I can only imagine how uncomfortable this costume was.  He is holding a giant toothbrush.
Anyone want to trade jobs with these people?  Me neither.


No comments: