Monday, December 10, 2012

Change in Weather

14C at 10:30 am. 

We are experiencing a couple of days of colder weather.  Today is only supposed to reach a high of 22C.  We have our long pants and long sleeved shirts on. 
Hibiscus
It is all relative.  We see winter coats and boots in the stores and wonder who is going to buy those.  But, when a cold front moves in and we go shopping we see people bundled up.  Our park has sort of adopted a family for Christmas.  They have 7 children.  There is a list in the rec. centre and we will sign up to purchase something for one of the children.  The sizes are listed as well as toys they may like.  They like warm clothes.  This family lives just over the fence from our RV park so that is kind of nice.  At first I thought that house was abandoned, but then I saw clothes hanging on the line and realized it was occupied.  It looks like it should be condemned. 

We have been having problems with our fridge.  On really hot days it ceases to work....especially when the humidity is high.  One of our friends is going to come and look at it.  (The park maintenance man just walked by with the lawn mower and has a parka on). 

Brenda and I just returned from our Spanish lesson.  One of the kind fellows in the park has agreed to teach us.  I have studied Spanish before, but then didn't have reason or opportunity to use it and forgot what I have learned.  In fact, I took one term of Spanish when in university, but that was 10 years ago.  Now my son speaks Spanish, my daughter-in-law is from Colombia and my grandson understands Spanish (not talking yet).  Eventually I will learn!

Did you ever see such a pretty hibiscus?  I did not know that they came in such variegated colours.  This particular one was on South Padre Island.

Until next time......

No comments: