Sunday, December 2, 2012

Boat Parade


31C.........

Last evening we went to the boat parade on S. Padre Island.  There were 18 boats registered in the decorating contest.  They were all beautiful, especially with the lights reflected in the water.  I had a difficult time adjusting my camera for night shots.  Part of the problem, I realized today, is that the batteries were low in my camera.  The weather was its usual beautiful.

Today we went to the Mercedes Outlet Mall.  It is a beautiful mall  with open air covered walkways and many, many stores.  Brenda and I both needed shoes....her more so then myself.  She wears a size 10 and a half shoe and has foot and leg problems so has a difficult time finding what she needs.  I wear an 8 shoe, but wide.  I bought 2 pair today.  I was not desperate for shoes, but you can find a greater variety of widths here and in pretty styles.  I found in Alberta that I if I did find my size they were very expensive and ugly.  I also saw some cute clothes for my grandson and with Christmas coming I could not help myself.  I just had to purchase!
Live fish at the Mall
 The weather has been increasingly hotter and so all I can say to my Alberta friends is 
Bird of Paradise at the Mall

 
I really do feel for you!  You all can feel for me tomorrow as it is back to the dentist I go!

By the way, no more word verification to leave a comment on my blog.                                                             
                                                                                               
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Yeah for no more word verification. I didn't see any photos of shoes.

Anna said...

Hope you are both feeling better! Hope also that the week end was special! Well, the shoes are pretty cute. I may publish their photos on my tomorrow blog! Is the anticipation killing you?

Unknown said...

Actually Anna, the shoes were a size 10!