Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Origami

Today was a fun day for me and the other women of the park.  Wednesday morning is Chat and Craft time.  The ladies wanted to learn how to do money origami, so today I taught an origami class.  I cut strips of paper from a magazine so they could practice their folds before folding their dollar bill. The strips were about double the size of an American dollar bill.  Today I taught just two figures....a shirt and a heart.  I give these as tips in restaurants and people seem to like them. 


The women learned how to make these very quickly.  They want to give some to their grandchildren and also leave some as tips.  I advised them that from now on they should save the best dollar bills every time they get change.  Of course they can fold bills of any denomination. 
Before Canada made the new $50 bill, I would fold the old $50s into hearts, put them in cards and give them as a wedding gift. They were a pretty orange colour. The new $50 are plastic and unfoldable.  The Canadian $5 is a pretty blue and makes a nice heart and the $20, being green, makes a nice elephant. 
 I went to a Mexican birthday party last time I made this trip to Texas.  They pinned money on the birthday girl and these folded bills gave it a personal touch.





Teaching in Rec Hall
There was much laughing and joking around the craft table today.  These ladies know how to have fun!
Way too much fun ladies!
 We have been invited to a fellow RVers for supper and then off to karaoke.  Busy, busy!
Keep warm y'all.

No comments: