Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pea Pickin'


Olive tree



Yesterday we went to pick peas.  The farmer took what he wanted and then allowed others to pick what they wanted.  Yes, the pea season is over here. It will now be too hot to grow some vegetables.

Here is Tony and Roma filling their pails.  The yellow flowers are Margaritas. After picking I walked down the road to take photos.

The yellow flowers you see below are on a Mimosa tree.

Mimosa

There is a variety of Mimosa.  There is one kind that has the same flower as this one but a broader leaf.  When you touch the leaf the leaf folds.  The water in the leaf moves from one side of the leaf to the other.  Engineers are studying this phenomena as they think this concept may be used to enable man to fly like a bird flapping its wings.

I love the Bird of Paradise.  I had one in my house at one time and it did bloom. This particular one was just covered in blossoms.  It is so lush here.














.
We are surrounded by olive trees.  The tree in the photo is old and gnarly.

My blog today has a mind of its own and photos are positioning themselves wherever they want! Some days my tablet is cursed.


No comments: