Friday, April 18, 2014

Dublin

What a beautiful time of year to be in Dublin.  The grass is green, the cherry trees are in blossom, and tulips are everywhere. Today I walked for 4 hours and now I am tired. Dubliners are very helpful and have offered help a couple of times while I was looking at my map.  There are signs every few blocks that point the way to attractions.
  • Molly Malone
Here is Molly Malone wheeling her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow .

James Joyce


James Joyce was looking especially dapper today. Ireland is very proud of her writers.

















I came to a Memorial Park that had tile pictures in the pool.


Designs in Pool

I reversed direction and walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral. It is massive!  I would encourage you to Google it and go to images.  Mass was about to begin so I sat on one of the very small chairs for parishioners .  It was very uncomfortable.... obviously made for smaller people.

St. Patrick's Cathedral 


Interior


I walked from there to both St. Stephens Green and Merrion Square. It was a beautiful day for strolling through the parks.


There were beds of tulips and various other flowers.  The cherry trees were in full bloom.

Tomorrow I am going on a bus tour.  "After leaving Dublin we will arrive in Galway and begin your trip to the Cliffs of Moher via Dun Guaire Castle and Kinvara, then on to Ballyvaughan and the 2000 year old magical Fairy Fort of Bally Alban.  Next we'll visit Poulnabrone Dolmen, one of the most ancient religious sites in Ireland at 5800 years old, before stopping at Kilfenora for an exclusive visit of the Celtic High Crosses".  We will lunch in the fishing village of Doolin and return via the Coast Road with spectacular views of Calway Bay and the Aran Islands.

Now doesn't that make you jealous?