Sunday, April 20, 2014

Guinness Storehouse

Today I toured the Guinness Storehouse.  The place was packed.  The buildings themselves take up a couple of blocks.  There is a museum plus restaurants and gift shops. Your  entrance fee included a free pint of Guinness ale.  I had the "small pint" and gave the other away to a young man.  A nice man took my photo in the Guinness Poster. My colours were perfect!














On the top floor there was a bar surrounded with glass so I took a photo.  If you look carefully in approximately the centre of the photo you will see a tall needle.  They call in the Spire.  That is where I walked from.  It didn't seem that far when I was walking.  You see so much when you walk. Yesterday my seat mate on the  tour bus was a woman from Arizona. She cabs and buses everywhere. She hadn't seen half the things I had.



Today I passed several churches I hadn't come across before.  It is
always difficult to get the whole building in the photo.  This church
was a city block deep.

There are so many attractive store fronts.




Isaac's Hostel










This is the hostel I stayed at.  It had everything one needed including a nice fully equipped kitchen and a quiet room where one could plug in their computer or read.  I was in a room on the 3rd floor.

It will be sad to say goodbye to beautiful Ireland.  Tonight I may take in the Celtic Dance down the street as a farewell to The Emerald Isle.

Tomorrow I fly to Toronto and then on to Calgary where my daughter will pick me up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've really enjoyed your blog. Have a safe flight home.

Anna said...

Thanks Pete