Thursday, April 17, 2014

IRELAND

My sister and I both had the flu the day of my departure from Catania.  It was only a 3 hr. plane ride, but I slept most of the way.  Thankfully no one shared my row of seats.  I awoke with a fever and was glad to reach Isaac's  Hostel at about 1 am.  As I look around the lobby it is obvious that I am the oldest patron here.

I feel much better today and being that I am in the City Centre I went for a long walk.

First stop was Trinity College.

Trinity College 

There were many old buildings on the property.

Geology Building 


I took this photo inside the geology building.  Trinity was build in 1532.  It is absolutely breathtaking!

Next stop was Christchurch Cathedral.  It is so BIG!



Christchurch Cathedral 
,

Most places I went to today had a fee to enter.  To see the library at Trinity was 10€ which is $15 so I didn't go in.  The church also had an entrance fee.

City Hall was free so I did go in there.

City Hall



It was beautiful building.

City Hall

Dublin is a very picturesque city.  All signs are in Gaelic and English and the steering wheels are on the right side of vehicles. That changes the whole flow of traffic.  At some intersections there is printing on the pavement that says, "Look Left" or "Look Right".  That is helpful as traffic seems to come from odd directions.  I was going to rent a bicycle, but was afraid I would get hit, so walked instead.

The weather is a bit cool, around 12C.  It is like AB in that I saw people in shorts and without jackets.

Dublin Castle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you arrived safely. Get well soon.

Anna said...

Feeling better already but not my old self yet.