Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ouch! Moan! Groan!

Hello Friends and Family

Today I went to Progeso to begin my dental work.  I hate going to the dentist, but it is so much cheaper there and work needs to be done.  Today he drilled for almost 2 hrs. so needless to say, I will not partake in pot luck this evening at the park. 

Brenda and I also did some shopping.  Brenda bought a very pretty, cool, colorful dress and I bought a cool pink blouse.  I told Brenda we will have to throw out one of our old clothes each time we come home with something new, otherwise we will run out of storage space.  We both decided that it is time to spoil ourselves a little.  When we were raising our families we always put our wants on the back burner, but our children have been gone for a long, long time now.  Time to break the habit!


I thought I would add more photos from S. Padre Island since it was such a pretty place to visit.  On Friday we, as a park, are going to the boat parade on the island.  I missed it last time and don't know why.  I do remember it was scheduled. 


 

How do you like the decorated palm tree?  We see many of them. 

On Thursday it is Women's Day Out in our park and I believe we are going to McAllen to shop.  McAllen is the largest place in Hildago County. It is approx. 130,000 in pop.  I went to a very nice museum there on my last Texas trip. 

Friday is always "No Cook Friday" and the park goes for supper.  Brenda and I skip that.  We like to eat most of our meals at home.  Food is very reasonably priced in the stores and the markets carry fresh fruit and vegetables.  Food is also relatively cheap in restaurants considering how large the portions are.  Really one could buy one meal, split it for 2 and maybe even 3, but fewer calories to cook at home.  Here at Wendy's you can buy different types of hamburgers for 99 cents.  I don't think I could make a hamburger at home for 99 cents, do you?

I found on my last trip that it was returning to Canada that was the shocker.  I could not get over how expensive things were in Canada compared to southern Texas. 

It was another beautiful day weather wise.  One just cannot complain about the weather.  Yesterday was 28C and today was a bit cooler, but still a no-jacket day.  I love it!

Until next time.......buenas noches!

No comments: