Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On the Road Again



Tomorrow we will be on the road again.  We did take the day off just to rest and get some maintenance done.
Every once in a while we need to catch up on laundry, so today we packed up dirty laundry and went into town.  The state park is 4 miles from town.

Balmorhea is a pretty little town and I am not sure what sustains it.  We did see a farmer in the field, but could not discern what the crop was that he was reaping.  There are 3 motels here and a hotel which seems rather over kill for a town this size.  In the year 2010 there were 479 people here. 

Brenda and I walked about the town, but happened to arrive when most businesses were closed for lunch....not that there are a lot of businesses here.  Of course, we had our cameras with us.

Tomorrow is Brenda's birthday.  I felt bad as we had to burn her last man when the cold front moved in.  Fortunately I was able to replace him with one that is fireproof.  He is rather rough around the edges but sharp in some ways. 

Brenda's new man
I took Brenda out for a birthday lunch at "The Cutest
Restaurant in Balmorhea".  The food was delicious and very, very plentiful.  I had the thickest quesedilla I have ever seen.  I had to bring half of it home for supper.  There were a lot of men there having their noon meal and let me tell you that they grow them tall in Texas.  We were very impressed.
Cutest Restaurant in Balmorhea
 
We came back home and loaded the car on the dolly before it got dark.  Once dark I attempted to turn the light on over my computer and it would not work.  Brenda, who was sitting on the sofa across from me tried her light and it would not go on either.  We checked the fuses and as near as we can figure we need a 15 amp. fuse.  So now we sit on our computers with no overhead lighting and I for one keep typing the incorrect letters. Isn't that strange?  I am pretty good with the touch method of typing, but dim the light and I become finger-blind!  The computer connection at the park is very poor, so I am close to my level of frustration! I keep losing my internet connection.  So, before I go stark raving mad, I will sign off for tonight.

No comments: