Monday, April 6, 2009

Peggy's Cove


Yesterday I had lunch at Peggy's Cove. It was very windy and cold there, but the place was very busy with tourists. The waves were crashing into the rocks and I thought that I certainly wouldn't want to live there in the winter months. It must be extremely harsh. It was a very scenic drive, lots of small fishing villages off curving roads.
I have been learning that one could spend a month or more just seeing the Maritimes. I have been doing a lot of driving and decided to head back to N.B. as N.S. was predicting freezing rain for their area and I didn't want to get caught in that. I am taking a day to get organized and tomorrow I will be heading to Quebec.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

There is a place called Bear River that is a really neat place to visit in Nova Scotia. Lots of character. Kind of an art community I think. Are you driving your motorhome or is it still in NB?

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
It does look scenic although a little bleak.
Enjoy Quebec! I think that the beer prices there are better than Ontario!