Friday, April 3, 2009

Charlottetown, P.E.I.




Hello to you all,
I crossed from N.B. to P.E.I. on a 13 km. bridge.
Here I am enjoying the old part of the city. The first photo is the Confederation Chamber where it all began for us Canadians. There was a peace rally in front of the building while I was there. The second photo is what many of the downtown streets look like here in Charlottetown.
I took the Fundy Drive to get here, but it was so foggy that I couldn't see much. Also, once you get off the main highway the roads are in poor condition. I left my MH at my nephews and just drove down in my car. I am thankful I did that due to the road conditions.
It has been raining off and on all day, but it is warm. I am still appalled by Cdn. prices, as all was so cheap in S. Texas. Restaurant food is double the price! Tomorrow I will leave for Nova Scotia. The Anne of Green Gables property is closed for renovations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nasty, all that way and the Anne house is closed! I'm sure that there is a lot of other stuff to see though. - Des

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
Hopefully Ontario and Quebec prices will be better! I think that some items out east are sky high!!

Carolina said...

Hi Des,
Thanks for your entry in your mom's blog.I know that a lot of friends are following her blog journals faithfully.
I assumed it was Gab. Sorry.