Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fredericton, N.B.





Hello fellow Canadians and American friends,

Today I went into Fredericton, to the old part of the city. The first photo was taken at the Legislative Building. It is a stove. I didn't realize that until I walked by and felt the heat. The second building is a museum and one of the very old buildings here. I spent a couple of hours just walking and taking photos. It is a nice day here today and I rather enjoy the cool, fresh air. On the way back I drove into Gagetown to see the army base.

It seems strange to be back in Canada. I now have to watch my speedometer in km., not miles. Also, after 7 months in the U.S. the Cdn. money looks foreign. I converted my Am. dollars today so that I am not losing 20 cents on the dollar. I saved some ones so that I can do my origami dollar bills as tips.

Some of the places I would like to visit are closed until May. I will go to P.E.I. and Nova Scotia and see what is there.

This is a sign I saw on a door:

"This is a push door. You can have it your way and pull, but this door is pretty stubborn."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to know see you are back in Canada.May the rest of your trip be enjoyable and as safe as the past

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
That is a funny feeling after being out of the country so long. I know what you mean about the money, kilometers, etc. Sometimes you see people who look like some folks you met this winter and you know it can't be them.
Safe Travels and enjoy the sights!

Anonymous said...

we are glad,you liked your trip in the usa. hope to see you next year,in the valley,keep in touch with us,your tenn. hillbillys wes@jude