Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seafood

We went to a seafood store in Floridia called Mari & Sapori.  I had my sister ask if I could take some photos in the store. The owner grabbed his wife and they posed for a photo.  He said I could take as many photos as I wanted.

It was a really nice store...very clean and bright and the owners were very friendly.

Many of my friends back home enjoy seafood.  Personally, the only seafood I like is fish.  I just never developed a taste for it.  I thought I would send some photos with prices to give you an idea of costs here in Sicily.





I have never seen this particular animal before.  I can't imagine eating anything that looks like this. Roma says they have a black liquid inside (ink) that makes a delicious sauce. They are called seppie or cuttlefish. There are two types.



There was a variety of fish and shellfish plus various spices and sauces.  If you like seafood Sicily is the place to be!

No comments: