Monday, March 17, 2014

Noto

Today we toured Noto which is a city famous for its Baroque architecture. As usual there was so much to see and I took many photos.

Noto Cathedral

Noto Town Hall


The cathedral is undergoing an interior facelift and there were scaffolds everywhere, but here is an inside photo.

:

There are 34 Catholic churches in this city of about 24,000 people. There were 3 big churches on the first two blocks we walked.

Church of San Domenico


Noto Cathedral 

We went to one church that charged 2€ to go up to the bell tower.

The steps were very narrow and windy.  Roma got partway up and was dizzy so went back down.  I was tempted to pull the rope and ring the bell, but I behaved.  It was well worth the climb as I could see miles in all directions.



It was a beautiful day with temps in low 20's.  The locals were still in parkas.  When we arrived home I changed into capris and sandals for my walk and was still hot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice pics. Let's face it,you're Hot!