Monday, March 24, 2014

Prometeo

Near the home of Archimedes is this statue of Prometeo.


Prometeo


His mother was a queen and a very beautiful woman. When he was born she gave him away to be raised. When he became a young man he met this beautiful woman and wanted to make love to her.  She said, "Don't you know who I am?" and he said, "no".  She said, "I am your mother and I will send you out of this world the same way you came into it."

 I could not find any info on the internet, but that is the legend told to my sister by the tour guide.

Every field in this area is littered with stones.  There is no shortage of rock in Sicily.  They put the rocks to good use and you will see stone fences and retaining walls everywhere.



They usually don't use cement on these walls, although I see the odd wall with the final layer being a thin coat of cement. Some of the fences are very long and I think of how much work goes into erecting them.

No comments: