Thursday, February 21, 2013

Don-Wes Flea Market

Yesterday Brenda and I went to the flea market to shop.  It was very, very busy.  They have some good deals there, but we couldn't find anything we really wanted there for the price we were willing to pay.

Flea Market
Across the street is a smaller market, but we couldn't find anything we wanted there either.  Brenda bought a flexible cutting board for the motor home.  She was tired of using my small one, and she does the cooking around these here parts.

We were invited to a block party at Snow to Sun.....a different RV park.  It is quite a bit bigger than our park and has a lot of facilities, such as a pool.  It is also more costly to stay there.  There are quite a few rigs for sale there and one could get a good deal, but then you would have to know that you are coming back year after year.  The cheapest route is to leave your RV there all year long and just drive down every year.  I have a big family so hate to make that kind of decision as you never know what could transpire.  Also, I don't plan to come to Texas every winter.  There are other places in the world I would like to travel to.  I would love to go to Greece and perhaps I will make it there sometime.

We had a small two piece band to play for us last evening, and had karaoke.  Brenda and I attempted

Block Party
to sing a Hank Williams song together but the key was wrong for us.  It was just too low.  A woman from Nfld. sang quite a few songs and did very well. 

It was extremely windy yesterday so the party wasn't as well attended as they thought it would be.  It was the windiest day we have had so far and the noise kept me awake most of the night.  I woke up tired, which is rare for me.

A couple from our park left yesterday and I was concerned for them as it is no fun driving your RV in the wind.  I hope they did not have any trouble. 

A group of us are going out this evening.  We will be doing a lot of dancing.

Keep warm.  Spring is not too far down the road!

No comments: