Sunday, February 10, 2013

Flea Market

Yesterday I walked to the Don-Wes Flea Market.  It is only open on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.  I went early as it gets pretty crowded by afternoon.  They sell just about anything you could image.  I listened to the live music for a bit and then wondered about.  I did buy myself a cap.  It is called a military cap and is a version of the ball cap.  I like to buy a hat or cap from hot places I travel to.

On the way home I took some photos.

 I passed a couple of these set ups.
People rent a small spot about the size of a single car garage and have garage sales in them every week.  That way they can leave the items there and just lock the door when they leave.  You see a lot of people selling clothes.  I don't know where they get all these items but yard sales are a big item here. 
 I also pass many homes like the one in the photo.  They look partly boarded up and I wondered if anyone lived in this particular house.  I did see a woman working in the back yard so I am guessing that she lived there.

I read in the local paper that the municipality is going to tear down the abandoned shops.  There are many of those along business 83 hwy. We cannot always tell if a business is open or closed for good. 
Motel


These buildings are motels.  Most everything is built of brick or cement here in the valley.   This motel advertises its rooms for $30 a night or $150 a week.  It also has RV parking. 

Today was very, very hot.  It hit a high of 35C.  When it gets hot like this we spend some time in the rec. hall as it is just too hot to be outside.  One can just feel their skin burning.  There is always a jig-saw puzzle on the go in the rec. hall, and they are always very difficult puzzles.


Tomorrow is line dance class, Tuesday is computer class, Wednesday I am teaching an origami class, Thursday we are going to some kind of rodeo and the list just goes on.

I began cold symptoms today, so time will tell how many of these things I will actually partake in.  Many people in our park had the flu that involved lots of coughing so hope I am spared that malady.

I see the weather has improved in Alberta......happy for y'all.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Don't get sick!!!! Took a zinc thing last night, and it seemed to help a lot.

Anna said...

Hopefully it will only be a cold and not develop into the flu people have had here! So far, just the usual cold symptoms of watery eyes and runny nose.