Friday, March 6, 2009

Sunday

Hello friends and family,
I leave Donna, Tx on Sunday morning. Many are leaving the park now and two more left this morning. There are many hugs and tears as friendships have been formed and saying good-bye is always difficult.

I plan to go north to Victoria, Tx and spend the night at WalMart. It will seem really strange to be on the road again. The activity directors for the park, Wes and Jude, invited me to spend some time with them at the lake in northern Texas and there is nothing I would like better, so will aim for that.

The photo is a dancer in Progreso, Mexico. They put on quite a show! I will definitely miss going there. Cactus Jack and I had a great time going from lounge to lounge and dancing the evenings away. After the great Mexican music I have a hard time with the country sounds you hear at the dances in the valley.

I will attempt to keep up my blog as computer signal access allows. I am getting a bit homesick for Canada, but definitely too cold there to be heading home. Who knows what adventure is around the corner!

Wish me luck on the road y'all.


5 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Anna,
I can only imagine how hard it is to say all your goodbyes down there. Take your time coming home. The weather is still weird even in the southeastern states, let alone Canada.
Suppose to get snow here again this weekend. Oh joy!
Be well my friend. Enjoy the road ahead!

Anna said...

Thanks Brenda; I will certainly track the weather as I head north and east. Don't wish to get stuck in freezing temperatures and I have lots of time.
Take care my friend.

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
I miss you already.
We sure had lots of fun times with you. I enjoyed hanging out with Gab and partying with Jack as well.
Safe travels and enjoy the serenity of Lake Fork!

dorothy said...

Hi Anna,
Take LOTS of time coming back to Canada...the weather is the worst in over 60 years around here. Spring will be so great. It's sad to be leaving all your new friends but new ones await. Travel safe and hope to hear from you again soon on your blog.
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

jack says
will check the mapto see where Victoria is' Keep that smile alight and so will will the miles fly