Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baltimore, MD



Hello to you all,
This is my third night in Baltimore, MD. The weather has been chilly and wet so haven't really been out too much. I spent so many days in a row traveling that I have been content to sit about for awhile.
Yesterday afternoon my pen pal, Robyn, came to visit me at the RV park. It was like we have known each other forever. This afternoon she took me out to see some of the sights. We went to the U.S. Navel Base. The buildings on the grounds are beautiful. She said the streets there are usually packed with people, but due to the rain there were not too many about. We could see many out on their sailboats in the harbour. This was an old area of town and what they call the Historical Section. There were many old brick houses in the area. We then had a fabulous supper at a Greek restaurant.
Tomorrow I leave for Amish country...Lancaster, Penn. Wish me luck driving in the rain.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Hello there,
That is great that you got to connect with your pen pal Robyn. Glad you got to see some sights in Baltimore, MD. That is where the twins A and B grew up!
The closest that I ever got to Baltimore was watching 'Hairspray' with John Travolta.