Friday, March 20, 2009

Jeff Busby Park


Hello friends and family,
I took these photos in Kusciusko, Miss. It was a small city but had many gorgeous buildings. There were a lot of Victorian style homes. If you click on the photos they will enlarge.
Early this morning I got back on the Natchez Trace and drove a short distance to Jeff Busby Park. You are allowed to park there for 2 weeks at no charge. It is beautiful there, but has no hook-ups or dump site. Fortunately, I parked directly across from the bathrooms (no showers), so will use their facilities instead of mine.
I drove 10 miles into Ackerman to use the internet. The library is closed, but I can pick up a signal in the parking lot. There are two men in green and white striped pants working on the grounds. I believe they are from a penitentiary, so am sitting in my car with the doors locked.
I am not sure how long I will stay here. The weather in Nashville, Tenn. is wet and cold this week, so will wait for things to warm up.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
Dan and I stayed at that exact Walmart last November coming down. We love Jeff Busby but it was full of campers.
We had no idea that Kosciusko was a Polish name or his history. Thanks for the info and his picture. All I knew was I had trouble remembering the name of the town.