Thursday, March 19, 2009

Natchez Trace, Mississippi



Hello to you all,

I am following the beautiful Natchez Trace, Mississippi...going north, of course. I am staying at WalMart at Kosciusko, named after a famous Polish military leader, both abroad and in the Am. Revolution. The librarian tells me there is a monument to him across the street, so on my way out I will take photos.

I just passed through Louisiana; didn't stay there too long. The most interesting sites there are south and I am headed north. I stopped at a gas station and there was a woman talking to the cashier. I know she was speaking English, but I did not understand one word that she said.

The Natchez Trace makes for relaxing driving. No commercial vehicles, speed limit 50 mph and many places to pull over (historical sites). There are even some free overnight parking places. The weather here is absolutely lovely...cool mornings and hot days.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
Dan and I take this route everytime that we go home. Dan finds driving on the Natchez Trace sooooo relaxing! I am enjoying each picture that you select and all the info in your journals! Happy Trails to you!!