Monday, November 4, 2013

Evening in Pana

Yesterday I asked Carlos, my landlord, if it was safe to go out in the evening.  He said yes.  I went for a walk downtown.  The stores are open from 10-10.  Most of the stores are stalls that have to be packed up each night.  I heard music and it was 3 girls playing xylophones.  They were wonderful.

 Today I went to the same market and a man called Alo tried to sell me a llama jacket.  He started at 3000 quetzales and went down to 500. It was too big but was very nice. He had a hard time accepting "no".
 I am meeting people from all over the world, and a woman from Texas told me where some of the ex-pats meet in the evening so that is good.

 Brenda, she lives by Waxahachi.

That is a volcano in the distance.









,









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it there safely. Sounds like you are having a good time. Lovely scenery.